Lost about 20 floor plans

khallalias

04 Jun, 2015 12:23 AM

I turned off my Apple ID for some other issues related to my iPad and FaceTime only to find that when I signed back in, all my floorplans were gone. I had iCloud back-up enabled, but I am not able to download any files from my iCloud.

FloorPlans Pro (Beta version 2.2.7 (2429))

Where are the files stored on iCloud? Can I access them from my computer?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Max on 04 Jun, 2015 03:27 PM

Hello,

Please try turning iCloud back on and force-quitting the app:

If an app is unresponsive and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch still reacts to button presses, you can force the app to close:
    Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
    Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
    Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

iCloud files are stored on Apple's servers. I believe you can see them in your iCloud drive on your desktop or using a web login.

- Max

2. 2 Posted by khallalias on 07 Jun, 2015 10:40 PM

Hi Max,

Thanks for the response.

I've done everything you suggested and my lost plans did not "come back".

I've also deleted the app in its entirety and reinstalled it, which did not recover my files from iCloud.

I've gone into iCloud Drive from my computer as well as from the iCloud website and I can not see any files...

I've created some new files and made sure the iCloud sync was activated. I then tried to find these "new" files on iCoud drive and could not locate them.

Can you ask the developers where the files are stored? Can you run tests on your end?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Max on 12 Jun, 2015 06:32 PM

Hi,

There is one more thing we could try, which is to check that the app is not set to use an older iCloud container. Please see this article about how to check this, and switch the container to the normal one if needed: http://floorplans.tenderapp.com/kb/how-tos/switching-between-icloud-containers

Unfortunately 3rd party developers can only access test iCloud accounts, we don't have access to app users accounts. I believe Apple is planning on adding this ability with the release of iOS9 in the wall. Wish I could help in this regard.

- MAx

4. 4 Posted by khallalias on 13 Jun, 2015 12:24 AM

Didn't work...

Can't you check a users account of someone you know? Or download the app to your personal account to see where the files are stored.. I'm starting to think that the files aren't actually backed up in iCloud, and that the setting is a sham...

The lack of developer access and use might explain the reason the app is so bad. I feel if the developers actually used the app, they would fix the constant crashing and actually start adding more function objects to the library. For a $15 app, it's really bad, considering I've had the app for quite a while and no new updates have yielded anything beneficial to the app, other then limping along to stay running as Apple makes updates to iOS...

Thanks anyway for your time. When the developers actually figure out where the app actually stores the files. Please let me know.

-Kevin

5. 5 Posted by khallalias on 13 Jun, 2015 12:32 AM

To those following this thread...

I would recommend e-mailing yourself the floorpan file when you have a plan that is finished. If you lose the file due to an application malfunction, or your iPad dies, you can always restore your file from the email...

Would be nice to have this app back up to Google Drive, which is free, and isn't tied to iTools, I mean .Mac, no wait... iCloud... Been burned by Apple for too many years to be vested in any storage option they offer...

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Max on 13 Jun, 2015 06:28 PM

HI Kevin,

I feel your frustration. Let us look more into this issue and see if it is something we can reproduce. With networking and cloud sync issues there are an innumerable number of situations possible, that are difficult to reproduce during testing.

Although the app also integrates with Dropbox, I agree with you that Google Drive integration would also be a useful addition.

Regarding new functionality, I can understand that the last major updates (2.0, 2.2) were mainly focused on keeping up with the latest Apple Frameworks and UI changes (and they were not subtle changes). Our current focus is to bring more power features to the app. The next update will contain a new Draw Room tool, improved Dropbox integration, default plan sizes, iPhone 6 plus support, and some bug and crash fixes. This update is currently pending App Store review and should be available in a day or two. Following this update, I'll see to it that iCloud integration gets some deep testing and hopefully we can reproduce your problem and issue a fix.

Wish I could be of more help,

- Max

7. 7 Posted by Daniel on 10 Nov, 2015 04:25 PM

I have the exact same issue. I've lost over 200 plans. How can I reckoned them...please help

8. 8 Posted by Daniel on 17 Nov, 2015 11:22 AM

Why do you offer no support

9. 9 Posted by khallalias on 21 Nov, 2015 01:01 AM

Daniel,

You can't recover them. They are lost.

The software does not work properly with iCloud backup and I've since disabled that portion of the software.

Get a free drop box account, or email yourself finished plans for safe keeping. Neither solution is very "neat" as the drop box option creates a ton of "Conflicted Copies". Basically one floor plan can easily go over 100 Conflicted Copies of the exact same floorplan...

The app is highly useful for quickly creating a floor layout, but the lack of new objects and the instability of the app is highly frustrating. For $16 this app is extremely over priced.

Not sure the moderators are still looking at this thread, so if you need more specialized support, you may want to start your own thread as you may have had some unique circumstances.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Max on 21 Nov, 2015 11:54 PM

Hi Daniel,

Sorry to hear about the lost plans. Were you at any point prompted to upgrade your iCloud to iCloud Drive?

- Max

11. 11 Posted by Salvador on 06 Jul, 2019 04:00 PM

I’m lost all my plans also

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Max on 17 Jul, 2019 04:24 AM

Hello Salvador,

Have you been able to recover your plans? There is a glitch in the app, which occurs when using iCloud. The glitch makes it appear as though the plans are gone, but doing a cold restart on the app forces teh plans to be re-downloaded. Please let me know.

- Max

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac